Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hopes.

I hope this blog will prove useful to us in keeping updated and in sharing ideas, concerns and clearing up an misconceptions and gossip. I hope it will be a place where we can share ideas and explore possibilities of providing excellent ministry in the Moncton area. I hope this will be a space where we can imagine and vision and assist one another to become the best we can be together - whatever together may mean for each of us.

I will begin by inviting the members of Humphrey Memorial's New Directions Committee and the clergy from our joint meeting so they can invite their Visioning Committee members or equivalent, as well as Pamela Harrison. I have opted not to add this blog to a search engine.

I am new to blogging so suggestins would be welcome.

Peace and Joy,
Gayle

1 comment:

  1. Would it be possible to see a triaged list of those priorities of/in ministry/church which the congregations in this conversation have arrived at, arranged in descending order of importance by/to those involved directly in this process?

    I thought of this question when I recently discovered a quote from the First President of the Czech Republic (Vaclav Havel: who knew a thing or two about negotiations and visioning):
    "The struggle for great things- the general liberation of conditions- demands minor compromises in things that are less important."

    It may not be anyone else's business, but I would find it interesting to read which factors of/in ministry - which we all share - that the main parties in this amalgamation/shared vision project have identified as 'major' or 'minor'.

    Unless it would drag the participants backwards in time, it might help those of us whom you have kindly and bravely invited to observe your process. Seeing this prioritized list might help us recognize the many chess pieces on our own boards and just how your priorities in ministry might mirror our own.

    It would help the rest of us to see how (or if) we could see ourselves in your priorities and to begin to feel some identification with your journey (and to help us decide how, or if, to join it; I guess the fact that we are all 'presbyters' means we are - like dancing Scorpions tied together by one claw - joined. You will, naturally, have a more positive image to use :)

    You may have, of course, left behind the quick-sand world of smallness by now, but I wanted to ask... thanks.

    ReplyDelete